Monday, July 03, 2006

CODE PINK ... again. I and my intrepid colleague Julia Flyte just got back from today's Code Pink "Troops Home Fast" ... fast. As in "not eating". On the 4th of July. If that isn't treason I don't know what is. Most of the usual suspects were involved. Cindy, of course ... (we're on 'nodding' terms now, G-d love her) ... with some geriatric additions! Let's start with: Daniel Ellsberg! Can you believe it!? I mean ... Daniel Ellsberg!! In the flesh! This guy was an old lefty traitorous commie faux-patriot flake when I was but a nipper in High School. And there he is still! Daniel Ellsberg!! (I know you're jealous). G-d life is weird. I couldn't believe this guy was still sucking breath. Sad, though. I figure his life is sorta the perfect paradigm for lefty 60's types who just won't let go. Heck, I should know ... I'm an old lefty 60's type myself ... but then I had a family and started a business and actually grew up as opposed to sitting in my patchouli smelling apartment dreaming of those acid trips with Sandy on the beach and re-reading old Tom Hayden manifestos. Those were nice ... no doubt ... and Tom was one heck of a writer, but time moveth on, dude. And just look who you're walking around with now! Sandy? I think not. Not even in her heyday. Then we have: Dick Gregory!! You young whippersnappers may not know this, but this guy used to be fat and funny. Really. By the way, that "Free DC" chapeau is typical of a peculiar species of DC moonbattery. Just for you collectors. Speaking of collectors, you all who read this blog on occasion know that one of my passions is protest signage ... so let's get that over with right now. Here we have a classic example of left-wing humor. They don't seem to be able to help themselves. I suppose that it's all that "free love" stuff. Believe me ... you get what you pay for. Note the use of the colon ... that may or may not have been Freudian. Probably was. Interestingly, this seems to have been "finger painted". I'm not sure what to make of that, but I do find it "interesting". In a Freudian kinda way. This being Code Pink, the sign randomness was kept to a minimum. Here we have a small, barely readable sign even from a few paces. What are these people thinking? I keep the fingers to give you, my dear readers, a sense of the scale. Tiny. It had a reverse side ... even less readable if that's possible. We're going to be marching down Connecticut Avenue, dude, and then camping out on Lafayette Park. This thing would be invisible and off-putting at a yard sale. Jesus would have bombed the crap out of Rome. He told me. The inevitable Rachel Corrie reference ... I think we'll be seeing a lot of this in the next few months. This guy claimed to be an Iraq vet. I don't know ... maybe he is. Is that an official issue kaffeyeh? This was great and the subject of a VIDEO I'll put up after I process it. At the end of the march, at Lafayette Park, as Code Pink was milling and getting photo ops this group of young band musicians from Michigan (I think) came by for their White House visit. The Code Pinkers started to sing a bastardized version of God Bless America. These little heros started singing and completely drowned them out. It was priceless. Check back for the video. Video is up!

5 comments:

  1. Our world needs more sarcastic clods like yourself. Make us all happy, go procreate with yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Not only is Code Pink ridiculed by children (who are smarter than those used up, impotent adults), you have a kibitzer! (A humorless one, at that. What a loser.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the "Free DC" means DC statehood, you have to admit that they have a point and not label it "moonbattery". Moonbat should be reserved to lunatic ideas and not simply one's that we on the right happen to disagree with. There is a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the video!!

    CodePink wasn't doing much here in San Diego....probably because San Diego Protest Warrior shut them down six months ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarcastic, INTELLIGENT clods are a rare breed, indeed, so I stopped by to let you know my team acquires out streaming-video tech-nerd Monday 10th, and after that I'll be hitting them low, hard and often!

    I like your work, and applaud your efforts! BrainSurgeryWithSpoons.blogspot.com
    is an Audio-Only version similar to this, and uses intelligence and wit to skewer idiotarians and murderous thugs!

    ReplyDelete