Saturday, January 27, 2007

OK ... Let's get some of the obvious jokes behind us first. And, no, I don't mean Dennis Kucinich ... though we'll get to him later. No. What I mean is Sean Penn and his relationship (I use the term loosely [indeed! - ed.]) with Code Pink and "aspects" of the Code Pink milieu. [note: check HERE for updates] **** UPDATE **** Video is up. Click HERE. Now, before I begin let me reiterate here a moment. As I've said before: I like Code Pink. I think that ... in a "Protest" market ... Code Pink is actually quite brilliant. Mega kudos to Medea Benjamin and the rest of her sewing club. They've taken a long-honored American Tradition (the outraged pacifist) and put a Trademark stamp on it that would make John Deere envious. Bravo. I mean ... just look at this stuff! Could you find a better example of controlled chaos? Give your "followers" some simple rules and some simple examples and ... voila ... a coordinated protest rally. Purses, shoes and all. Brilliant. Masterful. So ... here's Sean (come to their rally [snap]) in all his smoky man-ness ... giving pearls of Penn manly wisdom in his manly measured tones. Hands swaggeringly (is that a word?) in his manly pockets before the manly mike in his manly shades. And ... you think this go unnoticed by these Code Pinkettes?? Just look at the photo on the left. "Click" it to get a better resolution. You tell me. I already have my own theory. And it's a darn good one. Ladies, ladies, ladies! Sure enough, after about an hour of this, Sean has just about had it. There there, Sean. There there. It will all be over soon. Ya know. I almost felt sorry for the bloke. Almost. One more thing ... a damned good-looking fellow. Some of these Hollywood types get kind of ... scary ... when you actually meet them and you see just how much the camera "forgives". Not Sean. And I got pretty damned close. Still. And that's just for the record. Also "just for the record" I'd like to say that Jane Fonda here ... aging moonbat loon that she is ... doesn't suffer from a close-up either. I mean, "Wow". And without that horrid pulled-back alien look of women who have had one face-lift too many and end up looking like the grasshoppers in "A Bug's Life". Nice. I think that the first movie I saw her in was "Cat Ballou". I was a pre-teen (all of 10 or 11 when it came out) and I fell instantly in lust. The toad standing next to her is Eve Ensler ("author" of the Vagina Monologues). Hence the wart. OK dudes ... hold on to your seats (or coffee mugs or beer bottles or whatever). This is Dennis Kucinich and ... his wife. How in the name of all that is holy and just did this happen? Dennis was a particular favorite with this crowd. I wouldn't count him out in the next Presidential race. Really. He's got a lot of appeal with the base. I was actually quite taken aback. And who ... who ... could complain about his wife? I mean I don't know if she's some sort of air-head moron or simply a gold-digging power leech. But all she has to do is keep her mouth shut and, like, who cares? Did I mention that the Code Pink rally was simply a sideshow of the Main Event? I didn't? Well ... it was. The title of this bit of a side show was (har har) "Women Say Pull Out!" I thought we where SUPPOSED to make love, not war. No matter. I have much video to get through and process (about 1.5 hours actually) with a lot of drums and puppets and stilts and other insanity I'm sure you will all enjoy. Please check back! Click HERE: Updates are up!

3 comments:

  1. Again, massive kudos for the coverage. I was curious if you would have been there, and you did not disappoint as usual

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't go out on a limb and predict Kucinich will get the nomination, but you are right to say people shouldn't dismiss him just because he is bat$#!t crazy. I'm originally from Cleveland and never could understand it but he is very popular up there. I know people who aren't complete idiots up there who still worship this goof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Few have wow gold even heard wow gold of the god buy wow gold called Bandos. buy wow gold For many cheap wow gold centuries he cheap wow gold has been thought wow power leveling to be an wow power leveling ancestor of the power leveling ogres, perhaps power leveling even the beast wow gold that claimed buy wow gold the lands of cheap wow gold the Feldip Hills world of warcraft gold and Jiggig.

    ReplyDelete